The Exhibition and Engine Room

The Exhibition and Engine Room

The Mull of Galloway Lighthouse Exhibition is housed in the former fuel store, workshop and engine room to the right of the Lighthouse. The Exhibition opened its doors for the first time on Good Friday 2009 after much hard work by a team of volunteers from South Rhins...
The Mull of Galloway Lighthouse

The Mull of Galloway Lighthouse

The Lighthouse, known as a Stevenson Tower, was built by Robert Stevenson. It took two years to build; work commenced in 1828 and the Lighthouse was first lit on 26th March 1830. The tower stands 26 metres high and the light is 99 metres above sea level. On a clear...
Thomas Telford

Thomas Telford

Celebrate the most westerly work of Thomas Telford in Port Logan The Mull of Galloway Trust has been awarded a grant from The Big Lottery’s Celebrate Fund to host this exciting event in Port Logan to celebrate the fact that the pier and lighthouse were built by Thomas...
Engine Switch-On

Engine Switch-On

Kelvin Diesel Engine Switch-On On Sunday 30th April 2017 there was a very memorable occasion at the Mull of Galloway Lighthouse. Two of the 1955 Kelvin Diesel engines were officially switched on after being silent for 30 years. There was a special event to mark the...
Sunny Weekend

Sunny Weekend

International Lighthouse Heritage Weekend 2015 and more! The weekend of 15th and 16th August 2015 was International Lighthouse Heritage Weekend and the Mull of Galloway celebrated this with a series of talks, RSPB walks and pirates and scallywags in Gallie Craig. The...